Friday 8 April 2011

Read-a-thon for charity

As I've been saying for a while now, the read-a-thon (my very first!) is tomorrow, as is my birthday (it's probably too late to send presents now, but I'll accept late gifts, I'm not fussy!) Since it is my birthday, I'm going to try and do as much reading as I can, but also will be spending some quality family time too, especially since some of my family members will be going to America relatively soon (please read this for more information on that, because it's really important).

So. Because of this, and because all I really want for my birthday is for Jacob, and his parents to live comfortably and not to have to suffer any more than is necessary, I would love if you could sponsor me to read lots and lots of books. This will help to prove my theory that books are more important than just in providing entertainment, and it will help in real life terms as well, in helping Jacob get better. Please, if you're in the position to, think about donating just a little to help this immensely brave baby. Thank you, and if you're participating in the read-a-thon too, then good luck! If you make it through the whole 24 hours, I will be extremely impressed with you!





2 comments:

  1. Great cause! I hope you are able to read a lot - and happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you could join us today and hope you're having fun!

    Cover to Cover
    And Coast to Coast
    Across the Oceans
    We've been brought together
    By what we love the most!
    Let's hear it for the readers!

    ReplyDelete