But what will I be reading this fine summer, I hear you cry? Let's take a look:
- William, An Englishman by Cicely Hamilton (spoiler, I have already finished this and I was not in love with it)
- Swing Time by Zadie Smith
- Moominsummer Madness by Tove Jansson (always Moomins, always summer)
- 4321 by Paul Auster
- The Establishment by Owen Jones
- Stuffed and Starved by Raj Patel
- Save Me The Waltz by Zelda Fitzgerald (token classic, because I try)
- The Wonder by Emma Donoghue
- The Girls by Emma Cline (send me your Emmas, I shall read their books)
- On Earth We're Briefly Gorgeous by Ocean Vuong (that title! I'm trying to just shop my shelves at the moment, so almost all of these I've had for a year or more, but... that title!)
- Voracious by Cara Nicoletti
So really, my summer is shaping up to be amazing - books about food and a giant Paul Auster, books by Emmas and one by an Ocean, plus Moomins and attacks on British Government. What could possibly go wrong?!
What will you/have you been reading this summer?