Wednesday 25 May 2011

Armchair BEA: Blogger Interview!

This is so exciting you guys! I literally only heard about Armchair BEA on Monday, so I thought there was  no way I'd be able to find an interview buddy for todays post, BUT luckily, and joy of joys, my blogging bff and literary soulmate Jenn of Booksessed (witty title right?) didn't have an interviewee either, so we got together and made this shit happen! If you get at all bored during this post then it is entirely my fault, since I am seriously bad at thinking up questions- if you go and read my interview on her blog, you'll see the questions are much better! But I do my best. So, without andy further ado, I'd like you to meet Jenn!

Hi Jenn! First of all, what are you reading at the moment?





I am reading two books right now. Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackery and Forts: Liars and Thieves by Steven Novak. I also have a book on hold at the library; Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet. I've been wanting to read that for a long time and I'm sure I'll devour it once I pick it up. 


Do you have a favourite book?
I have a 3 way tie for a favorite. (My top ten also forever changes but I won't bore you with that.) My favorites are The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fizgerald, Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins and The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe by CS Lewis. 


Is there a book that really turned you onto obsessive reading?
It wasn't a book, it was more of a person. My grandmother lived with us when I was growing up and I wasn't allowed to go to bed until I watched Jeopardy with her and read aloud to her for half an hour. She didn't care what I read as long as I was reading. She was also the one who had me sign up for a library card. 


What is your favourite kind of food?
I love curry, but I have no idea how to make it so I sadly don't eat it often. Pasta, salads and couscous are also staples. 


Where do you like to do most of your reading?
I read mostly snuggled up in bed before I go to sleep or right after I wake up. 

If you could be any other person, living or dead, who would you be?
Stephen Fry. He's so witty and I adore him. Plus, he's British and that makes me happy. Oh, and he's friends with Hugh Laurie AND Emma Thompson! Major bonus.

What is your favourite ever movie?
I love almost every movie I have ever seen. But tops are Sense and Sensibility (the 1995 version) and I also can't get enough of Love Actually. 

Do you have a favourite author?
Not really. I mean, how could one choose? But I have several authors where I will read anything they write. Lately with all the authors I've had to chance to get to know, that list keeps increasing. Sadly, some of the authors on that list are no longer living. 

What is your stripper name? (The name of the first pet and the first street you lived down in case you didn't know!)
Duchess Jay-Hill. I am proud of that one. 

What would you like everyone to know about you?
I have a very dry, sarcastic sense of humor. I'm a proud vegetarian but could never give up yogurt or ice cream, so I'll never go vegan, or for that matter, demand others go veggie. I have several tattoos and want a literary one, but there are too many options to pick from, so that's on hold for now. 

Thanks so much Jenn! See why I love her, everyone? Lovely and fun, AND she thinks British things are cool (even though they're really not!) Now everyone go and follow her and tell her that she's awesome! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jenn! I've heard great things about Anna and the French Kiss. I feel a purchase coming on in the next few weeks. And I love the stripper name, Duchess Jay-Hill. Haha. How fantabulous.

    Networking With My Favorite Bloggers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duchess Jay-Hill sounds like a fabulous drag name too! Love it!

    Oh, and Emma Thompson & Hugh Laurie. *squeal* Love THEM. House is a rockstar imo.

    *sigh* Love Actually is ONE OF THE BEST MOVIES EVER. OmG when he's holding the note cards and telling his best friend's wife he's in love with her. Awwwwwww....

    Love you both!

    (And Laura, if you missed the comment on Jenn's blog JOHNNY DEPP IS MINE. Hans off).

    ReplyDelete