Saturday 28 April 2018

24 Hour Readathon 2018 - A Rogue Entry!

Update 2: 11:00am-ish, Hour 23 (?)(!)
Hi Readathoners! If you have not yet slept, I am in AWE of you, if you're a part timer like me, then good morning, I hope you had a good rest! After updating last night, I read A WHOLE (comic) BOOK! Go me and whatnot! I went to sleep late-ish, and woke up early-ish, so I have also had time this morning to read some Haruki Murakami short stories from Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman, so that's obviously the best. I'm going to shower now, and make lunch for my lovely boyfriend before he has to go back to work after more than two weeks off (the poor kid), which I suspect will leave little to no time for reading, so I will leave you all here. I hope you've had an awesome readathon, and I'm sure I'll see you back here for the autumn one!

Books Read From: 4
Books Finished: 3
Pages Read: 580 (actually impressed with myself!)
Currently Eating: Nothing, but I did have a bagel for breakfast
Currently Drinking: Also nothing, but I've had some squash this morning
Main Distractions: Sleeping, and now having to do life things SIGH.


Update 1: 9:00pm-ish, Hour... 9? I guess?
Hello and greetings all! I'm sure you're all much more tired than I, for I have leisurely finished two books... that I have been in the middle of for ages. Indecision on a new book has led me here for a brief update, by way of instagram and facebook and... You get the idea.

I have had a dinner of snacks and am now munching on some Percy Pigs, so this is really turning out to be a great afternoon/evening for me, as readathons tend to do. I hope y'all are doing alright, especially those of you in upsetting time zones, and remember to take lots of breaks and please read responsibly. Please recommend me a book to read before I go to sleep cause aghhhhh book indecision, it is killing me!

Books Read From: 2
Books Finished: 2
Pages Read: 262 (not bad eh!)
Currently Eating: Percy Pigs (Percy's Personalities, to be specific)
Currently Drinking: Strawberry and Kiwi Rubicon
Main Distractions: That new Harry Potter game, and just general internet stuffs.

THE START
Happy Saturday, and happy readathon day everyone! This is indeed a rogue entry into the readathon as I have realised (and checked) that I haven't signed up at all (good going, me), I guess because I was planning to do other things with this Saturday but hey, it's cold and threatening rain outside so is there anything better to do than a readathon? I think not.

It is, I realise, 3 hours in to the readathon (I feel SO weird about starting late, I literally never have before!) but I had lunch and a wander with my fella earlier and I'm now ready for bed and laying and reading because PERFECT LIFE, you know? I have a cupcake, I have, for starters, two books that I want to finish, let's get this thing done. I'm planning to pretty much go to bed at normal time and I may or may not read a lot tomorrow, but this afternoon and evening are mine for the reading.

I'll start with the opening survey, shall I?

1. What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
I'm in gloomy Surrey, England, which is generally fine but this time last week I was reading in the sun in Naples so kind of wishing I was back there for this/anything!

2. Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
I DON'T HAVE A STACK, I know right, this is not how one readathons, but it is when it's a little off the cuff! I have two books that I want to finish, At Home by Bill Bryson (I'm so near the end of this beast!) and The Home-Maker by Dorothy Canfield Fisher, and after that who knows! It could go anywhere!

3. Which snack are you most looking forward to?
We got cupcakes on our trip out so, yeah. Mmmm cupcake...

4. Tell us a little something about yourself!
Ummm... I've been playing Pokemon Go all day and CAUGHT A MOLTRES THIS MORNING! Sorry that I am so 2016.

5. If you participated in the last readathon, what is one thing you'll do differently today?
I guess I'll be starting later? I also have less snacks prepared, but still a ton of easter chocolate in the house so that's all good. But other than that, I'll be taking it pretty easy, and mainly reading a lot!

So yeah, that's what's going on with me! I'm not sure how much I'll be updating this to be fair, but I'm planning to instagram a fair bit so please find me there! (I'm @LauraRowsell because my creativity knows no bounds). Happy readathon, everyone, and keep going! You're doing GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment