Sunday 21 February 2016

Sunday Sundries: Quizzity Quiz Quiz!

I can't tell if I mean quiz or book questionnaire or what, but that's what this post is going to be. I have had an immense week of working, a triumphant (or terrible) return of diet coke to my veins after 10 days away (sorry Lent, I'm pretty much an atheist anyway) and and and an awesome day of Frances that probably deserves a whole post but suffice it to say that we went to London and had a time and went to Daunt Books and ooooh-ed and it was fully the high point of the week.

Anyway. This post should probably be about how much I love Harper Lee, but I'm not at all ready to accept the fact that she's dead yet and so am going to remain in complete denial for a little while, if that's ok with everyone.

And so, bookish questionnaire time, LIKE THE OLD DAYS OF LIKE 4-5 YEARS AGO.

1. What is your favourite fictional food or drink?
It's not exactly fictional, but every single food Haruki Murakami has ever written about sounds amazing and I want some now and gimme.

2. How long did it take you to finish your last book?
Ummm... I think maybe 3 or 4 days? But I wasn't very busy last week and didn't feel well on Sunday so all of that gave me time!

3. How many times do you stare at your books or bookshelves each day?
Ha, how much free time do you think I have?! I probably give them a lingering glance before bed each night though, and I did find myself staring a little this morning...

4. How many Goodreads friends and books do you have?
I think I've said this before, but I'm not on Goodreads because if I'd known it existed I probably wouldn't have even started a blog, I just would have written things on there. So, zero obviously.

5. Do you ever quote books in public?
There are about 3 books I can remember any quotes from and only because I had to learn them for exams- but to be fair I was quoting one of those (Wuthering Heights) at Frances the other day so I guess the answer is yes.

6. Do you ever re-read books?
Of course! Way less since I've been a blogger, but I used to just re-read the same stuff all the time, cause it's damn good stuff!

7. Do you judge a book by its cover?
Sure. Even if I buy a book I really want to read but it has a terrible cover, I won't reaaaally want to read it...

8. Instagram, Twitter or Tumblr?
Why not all three?! I have been meaning to start a proper Tumblr for ages, but since I have trouble keeping up with/remembering to post on the other two, I probably shouldn't bother...

9. Which genres take you the longest to read?
Classics. But I never regret the time taken, so there's that.

10.  Who are your favourite book tubers or book bloggers?
Ummmmm... *points to the right* but you're ALL my favourites, every single one!

11. How often do you pre-order books?
Basically never because I am like 10,000 years behind in book reading, and I don't even really want to own hardbacks. I have been known to put books on hold at the library before they're released though.

12. Are you a shopaholic?
(Hang on, I think I've done this quiz before...) I would say no, but only because I have to suppress my natural instincts because of money and also space. Otherwise, sure.

13. How many times have you re-read your favourite book?
*Questions the term favourite book*

14. Do you own a lot of books?
More than I should, more than I would be able to move, more than any other items I own. I'm trying to get rid as I go though...

15. Do you take pictures of your books before you read them?
I am actually trying to remember to do this, because it's getting so bloody difficult to steal borrow book cover pictures from google images. So yeah, a bit.

16. Do you read every day?
Preeeetty much? Usually at least a little bit on the train. Definitely yes if we're including the internet!

17. How do you choose a new book?
Judge it by its cover, innit? No, I usually deliberate in front of bookshelves and choose one that doesn't look too heavy for my bag, or finish a book on a train and choose one from my kindle app. I'm kind of a haphazard person (read: mess).

18. Do you always have a book with you?
*pats phone lovingly* Yes. Yes I do.

19. What are your biggest distractions from reading? 
Making things, having friends who want to do stuff (ugh), but mostly, Netflix. That beautiful bastard.

20. What is your favourite place to buy books?
*cracks knuckles* well. My number one favourite place is probably Waterstones Piccadilly, but maybe my favourite place ever is The Strand and also any of the many bookshops I have been to in London of late... it's all good stuff, as is the internet cause the books are cheaper (sorry, bookshops).

Actually, all of that is a lie and the real answer is charity shops. Where the books really really are cheaper. Ah, books... <3

Welp, that was fun. Even though I might have done it before. Who cares?! It's Sunday, go out and frolic whilst I go and work and cry and comfort eat my way through.

5 comments:

  1. Hooray for book quizzes/surveys/whatever. Perfect for weekends. Or like every other day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect for not making your brain work too hard either haha. I'm a fan

      Delete
  2. Book quizzes are TIMELESS. And FUN! Here are some of my random thoughts:

    There needs to be a Murakami cookbook, please!
    I quote books at work but then I get blank stares. Occasionally a quickly covered smirk. Keep quoting, sister!
    I envy that you have a train ride so you can read during your commute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would 100% buy a Murakami cookbook. Like seriously how good would that be?! Mmmmm, food...
      Yeah, my book quoting is mostly me reading stuff out of books to people (my mum) who nod politely and then move on with their lives haha. WHEN WILL THE PEOPLE LEARN?!
      Weeeeell, my train ride is like 12 minutes, then a 5 minute wait, then 5 minutes. So it's not ideal for reading, but I make do! Haha

      Delete
  3. Sorry, I'm just catching up on comments, I AM aware that this post is fourteen days old...

    13) Don't you hate when people ask what your favourite book is? Anybody who asks that clearly isn't a Reader reader. How can you have just ONE favourite!?

    14) It's adorable they feel the need to even ASK that...

    ReplyDelete