Thursday 18 January 2018

A Very Merry Blog Birthday To Meeeeeeeeee

Oh yes, that's right. Devouring Texts is 7 years old today! I don't have too much to say about it, to be honest, but have I ever forgotten a blog birthday? Check the archives, no I have not, so there you go.

I don't really have any deep or profound thoughts to share, and it's been a long time since my blog has been the centre of my life, which is a good thing, I think, but it's still an important place to me, and still somewhere I meander off to every so often to share my thoughts and feels and the like. I think it's a very good thing for everyone to have a place like that, even though it doesn't have to be a whole place, I think, it can just be a person.

I have a place and quite a few persons now, which I think makes me very lucky.

As promised, I really am trying to be a consistent-ish blogger, and please see how I keep coming back weekly, even if I haven't posted a book review all year! So many excellent things in my life have come from blogging, and I like to think that if I keep plugging away, what other excellent things might arise? And, if nothing else, the thing that arises is happiness and enjoyment of just writing a few bits and pieces, which is good enough for me.

So, 7 years. A ridiculous length of time to do anything, really, but I'm very happy to have been here, and I'm happy you've all been here too.

4 comments:

  1. Happy bloggy birthday Devouring Books! The blogging fervour definitely does wear off after the first few years, doesn't it? Anyway I like checking in on you, even if I don't say anything...

    ReplyDelete
  2. seven years. it must be close to that for me, too. i'll have to look into it. glad to see you're back in the saddle, though, for this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy blog birthday!! You're such a great writer and I love hearing your thoughts on books, chocolate, and life in general. I feel like my reading world has grown since you became my book buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blog birthdaaaaaaaaay! And it's 7? Hooray hooray! I am happy to have you hear and that you're blogging regularly (maybe it will inspire me?)

    ReplyDelete