Sunday 6 March 2011

Mailbox Monday/ In My Mailbox

Wherein I tell you about all the amazing books I've bought, borrowed or scrounged throughout the week.
IMM is hosted by The Story Siren, every Sunday.
Mailbox Monday was created by Marcia at The Printed Page. It is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. You can view the touring blog list at Mailbox Monday blog for the upcoming months. 


It's been a bit of a lean week for book buying as I a) try to obey my mother's 'Don't buy any more books!' rule (her house, her rules; hence why I need to move out!) and b) try to save my meagre funds until I actually have a steady, job-style income. So, I just have one library book, and one bought book to tell you about!



From the Library
Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides- You may or may not have read my feelings on The Virgin Suicides,  but if you have (or did just then) then you may think this is an odd choice for a library book. In return, I would say that, it would be an odd choice for a book to buy, but I think libraries are the perfect way for me to give Eugedines a second chance, PLUS Middlesex was the book I wanted to read in the first place! It's also the place where I live, but that's beside the point really! It does sound really interesting/complex, and I am quite excited to get my teeth into it.


From the Shops
Remembrance of Things Past: Part 1 by Marcel Proust- This purchase could go one of two ways- either the book remains unread until I'm about 50 years old, or I read it, adore it, and feel enriched in my life forever. Hopefully it'll be the latter! All I know about this book is what I got from Little Miss Sunshine, so it could just be a horrifying mistake of a purchase, but hopefully it'll all be as good as 'suffering is important because it makes us who we are.' Deep sounding stuff, should go perfectly with my Stephen King challenge




(Book Cover via Goodreads)
So, that's my mailbox- I hope you all got only nice things in yours this week! Tell me about them below if you feel so inclined.

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed Middlesex, it was really well written. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab reads! I've always wanted to read Middlesex.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Middlesex got such good reviews though I never got to it.

    ReplyDelete