FRANCES is there so it's basically the best place.) So yeah, just one more (half) day at work and then I'm GONE from this... county. Which is cool.
Since I missed Sunday Sundries last week because of the MINI-READATHON (it was pretty awesome, everyone should do the next one) I didn't get to update you on some familial medical things (I know you're disappointed) and that's fine because OF COURSE there are extra ones to report this week- so here goes: this Wednesday my grandad got released from a week long stay in the hospital for pneumonia (in the SUMMER. I don't know either), my nan's entire arm is a bruise because her blood was too thin or something (I'm a little bit sketchy on the details) and my auntie is going into hospital on Tuesday to have a big old operation because obviously all of these things have to happen at the same time because having room to breathe would be too much of a luxury!
In practical terms, none of these things really mean I have to do anything differently, but I mean, you guys have families so you know that, when things are going on with them you worry about them even when you know there's not really anything you can do. I like to think of it as a side effect of loving people- you get all the benefits of loving and feeling loved, but you also get the worry and troubledness if anything happens to them. On balance, it's better than just not caring about anyone ever because what would that even be like? Sort of like...
Anyway, yeah, so a low-grade worry thing is going on. BUT I am trying not to do that because worrying is a useless activity and looking back is even worse (See, I remember what my title is! Eventually!) so I'm focusing on the excitement of the coming week rather than anything else. YAY DIDCOT!*
OK, basically I'm just blabbering now, so here are a few other things to round things off:
- It's kind of a good thing I didn't do a Sunday Sundries post last week, because it basically would have just been a GIANT love blab about Orange is the New Black, which I watched in, like 4 days? AND I STILL LOVE IT BUT IT'S BEEN ENOUGH TIME TO CONTROL IT A BIT NOW. But anyway, if you've also been watching it, I have for you Larry's actual essay in the NYT, and this guide to the cast (I basically read it and went 'I love her!' 'I LOVE her!' 'I LOVE HER!!' because I have issues)
- Speaking of OITNB, did we all know that it was actually a book first? From what I understand it's REALLY different from the TV show, but I still want to read it. Because it's a BOOK.
- I'm linking you to this article about Stephen King's Family Business basically to try and make me actually read it, but it looks pretty awesome! And there's also this about the connections in Stephen King books, (totally stolen from Kayleigh) most of which I knew about but some... Not so much. Also I just finished re-reading Bag of Bones and I FREAKED OUT at a couple of the connections there. It was awesome.
- This Daria trailer with Aubrey Plaza as Daria is basically the best thing. SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE THIS MOVIE.
- There's no point even telling you how excited (and then also sad) I am that Breaking Bad is back next week for its last 8 episodes, but please just enjoy this Aaron Paul gifset and actually, well, just this whole tumblr, really.
That's it! Laura out! I'll be back next week with some tales of my summer holiday (there will be burgers) and, well, I guess I'll post some reviews in the week... I just really stupidly wrote two ON PAPER WITH MY HAND (and made it really hurt, by the way) and now I'm too lazy to type them. Such is life.
*It's just occurred to me that I probably shouldn't be telling you where I'll be/even telling you I'm going away... BUT Didcot's a big enough place to hide in, and the rest of my family will be in my house so NO STEALING, STEALERS. Basically.