Sunday 14 July 2019

Sunday Sundries - Summer Reading

Summer Reading, had me ablast! Summer Reading, happened so fast!
There are so many things about summer - the long nights, the warm days, the general feeling of wellbeing I get from it - that just make me want to read outside all day long. Unfortunately I work full time and don't have a garden to sit in seclusion and read, but there are always weekends, and there are always parks, ya know?

But what will I be reading this fine summer, I hear you cry? Let's take a look:
Ahaha, what a good picture - can you tell I'm rusty at this blogging thing?! I'm not re-piling them, so this is the photo you're getting, alright?! They are, from top to the bottom:

  • William, An Englishman by Cicely Hamilton (spoiler, I have already finished this and I was not in love with it)
  • Swing Time by Zadie Smith
  • Moominsummer Madness by Tove Jansson (always Moomins, always summer)
  • 4321 by Paul Auster
  • The Establishment by Owen Jones
  • Stuffed and Starved by Raj Patel
  • Save Me The Waltz by Zelda Fitzgerald (token classic, because I try)
  • The Wonder by Emma Donoghue
  • The Girls by Emma Cline (send me your Emmas, I shall read their books)
  • On Earth We're Briefly Gorgeous by Ocean Vuong (that title! I'm trying to just shop my shelves at the moment, so almost all of these I've had for a year or more, but... that title!)
  • Voracious by Cara Nicoletti
So really, my summer is shaping up to be amazing - books about food and a giant Paul Auster, books by Emmas and one by an Ocean, plus Moomins and attacks on British Government. What could possibly go wrong?!

What will you/have you been reading this summer?

1 comment:

  1. I found this on internet and it is really very nice.
    An excellent blog.
    Great work!

    ReplyDelete