Wednesday 31 August 2011

R.I.P. VI

So, I just found out about the R.I.P. challenge running from the September 1st to October 31st from Breana's blog, and of course I immediately went over to sign up because, really, when am I not reading a scary book?! I'm going to go for Peril the First, which is:
Read four books, of any length, that you feel fit (my very broad definitions) of R.I.P. literature. It could be Stephen King or Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle, Ian Fleming or Edgar Allen Poe... or anyone in between.
Hmm, Stephen King, you say? I accept your challenge, says I! There are definitely going to be Stephen Kings in the four (obviously) but I might mix it up a bit by also reading possibly Dracula, maybe re-reading Frankenstein, and I know I have something Poe-ish lying around somewhere. So this is going to be really fun!

Just one thing- I scare really easily, so no one sneak up on me while I'm reading any of these books, ok? Guys? ...Guys? Where has everyone gone..?

6 comments:

  1. well you are in the right mood for rip! lol..maybe you'd better read only in the daytime! But no matter when I hope you enjoy Rip!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOHH OOOOH OOOHH!!! I was wondering all day what the RIP Challenge was and now that I do (thanks to you!!!) I am so excited!!! Hence all the superfluous exclamation points. What's really awesome is that Sarah mentioned on her blog a book that was suited for Halloween time reading and I bought the same book awhile ago and haven't read it yet and thought that Sarah was onto something.

    Also, I love books that are creeptastic. I'm such a scardy cat when it comes to movies but reading creepy books is awesome!! My book club is reading Dracula this year! Yay!!!!

    Sorry for the novel. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @deslily- thanks! I'm so excited! Also a bit scared :s

    @Jenn- WOW, you just got really excited! I love it! I'm so with you on being able to deal with scares better in books- I just can't watch scary movies! But yaaaay for halloween style books :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, the scary thing . . . I got really jumpy reading Dracula last year. I love this time of year!

    ReplyDelete