- I worked an evening shift on Wednesday, which meant that I could happily go to Whole Foods on Thursday and buy vegan marshmallows and gummy sweets* so, you know, it was a lose/win situation
- An entire rundown of my Wednesday: Woke up too early, did yoga, had a shower, went to say a final goodbye to Becci (my ex-housemate/friend etc), had lunch at my grandad's, went to the hospital to see dad, saw sister who had been in Toronto/NYC (and got presents!), went to work, came home, watched The Great British Bake Off, fell asleep, got woken up by housemate coming in, literally stumbled off to bed. It was a long ass day on not-enough sleep.
- Which, really, has been the theme for the week. I've had a headache nearly every day, and not enough free time for anything, really.
- Except, that is, watching Robin Williams films because oh my god, have I mentioned how sad I am about this? I literally cried on Tuesday morning (which doesn't surprise me because I'm still emotional about, well, everything right now) which I totally wasn't expecting: I don't think I really thought about him a lot, but at the same time, it's like he's always been there, you know? I think anyone growing up in the 90s probably saw a LOT of Robin Williams films.
- What I watched: Jumanji (ohhhh yeah!), Awakenings (which I hadn't seen before but was pretty awesome/sad), Good Will Hunting (So amazing. I've now seen it three times in less than a year which is unprecedented for how I watch films now) and, of course, Aladdin- my favourite regularly animated Disney film**.
- I've also decided I need to watch Dead Poet's Society, because it's RIDICULOUS that I haven't- I realised that I haven't because there's this episode of Friends where the woman who's stolen Monica's identity says "Did you ever see Dead Poet's Society? I came out of that movie and thought, 'Well, that's two hours of my life I'll never get back.'" Why have I been taking movie advice from a fictional criminal? It's difficult to say...
- New housemate came back from holiday this week, so I've had to get used to there being 4 people in the house again. It's fairly ok, but I'm not very good with new people so I'm like some kind of housecat trying to figure out the new inhabitant or something. He's totally fine, I am my own problem!
- Yoga has kind of become my punishment for not running, which I haven't done since July (a combination of fear of falling over like I did the last time I went, and also it being TOO HOT***
- I got emails on Friday telling me about my introductory day for my Masters and reminding me how soon that is (SO soon). I'm still really excited, but also scared, but also excited and ALSO a little bit tired by the whole idea. The fact that right now I basically have no spare time and I'm trying to add full-time studenthood to that... It's a little bit scary. But still, I shall make it work, because I need it to.
Annnnd, that's been my week. It has gone by in no time at all, and not in the good way that usually implies. But still, another week is another chance to do better so we shall see how this one goes. I hope yours is too good to be true.
*Which I have now lost, but I'm sure they'll turn up... Hopefully...
**I know that's a cop out, but my favourite Disney/Pixar film is The Incredibles, and my favourite non-animated Disney film is Mary Poppins, and how am I meant to choose between them? HOW?!
***Not really a concern now, I'll admit. I'm aiming to go today, but who knows? Otherwise, punishment yoga it is!