Monday 4 April 2011

24 Hour Readathon

This Saturday marks two very important occasions- 1) My 22nd birthday, for which I am unable to muster up any enthusiasm at all; and 2) Dewey's 24 hour read-a-thon, for which I am marginally more excited. In recognition of this, I plan to read for most of the day, smile nicely and open presents for as long as that takes, and then go back to the reading, and hopefully forget how OLD I am getting! I've never really done anything like this before, (not reading and ignoring my family, I've done that plenty) so I'm quite excited for all the reading I can get done, which is obviously good for all you guys too, for all the reviews I can post after this Saturday- we're all winners really!

If you're interested in taking part in the read-a-thon, just click on the link above and sign up for it- we can all read in tandem and imagine that we're part of a big web of loveliness and stories- wouldn't that be nice?!

2 comments:

  1. I would rather be cheering you guys up and I hope to participate the next time. So looking up to it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm participating in the readathon too! It's my first one. I'm super excited about it. I do have to sneak away from the books for a very special birthday party (a good friend's daughter is turning one!), but I'll be reading the rest of the time.

    And, happy early birthday!

    Grace @ feedingmybookaddiction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete