Friday 1 April 2011

Hip Hip Hippity Hop

Friday! Finally! Now I know what everyone's talking about when they love Friday being here, having just done my first week of (proper) work. It's nice to have 2 days off ahead of me, especially when I have kayaking to deal with next week (don't ask me what this has to do with my job, because the answer is nothing. But I still have to go). But anyway, ignoring all that, I'm going to answer the questions posed by today's blog hops. Because I can.

Today, Crazy-for-Books asks:


Since today is April Fools Day, what is the best prank you have ever played on someone, OR that someone has played on you?

Ahh, I see what she did there! I don't really remember ever playing a good prank on anyone, although I did once draw a crack on my nan's bathroom mirror in soap, because I'd seen it in a magazine, and I'm not sure anyone even noticed! On me, though, I have two awesome ones- at my school when I was about 10, the teachers told us that the caretaker had lost a contact lens in the hall and we all had to get down on our hands and knees and search for it. Which, of course, we all did, being good children, and then they were like, 'OK, stop... APRIL FOOLS!' It was sort of annoying, but sort of hilarious too. And then, last year, my friend told me on Facebook chat that she was pregnant, and I was completely flustered and didn't know what to say (type) at all, and then she was like 'DURRR, not really!' It was her first and only successful April Fools joke, which I think says a lot about me!

And, now, Parajunkee's View asks:
What is the book that you really don't want to admit to loving?
I love all my books! I would never deny them my love! But seriously... I guess I don't want to admit that I love Danielle Steel books- it's nothing against her, or people who do openly love her, but she's really very trashy. I haven't actually read a Danielle Steel book in years, but they were part of the reason that I became addicted to reading (along with the Babysitters Club, and Sweet Valley High). Either her, or Virginia Andrews- I was way into her books when I was 12, which is pretty disturbing considering the amount of incest and rape in basically all of them. They are ridiculous, but sort of amazing. At least when you're 12, and she seems to be your library's favourite author. I just realised that I didn't actually answer the question, but most Danielle Steel and Virginia Andrews books are pretty similar, so you get the basic idea, right?!

So those are my answers, how about you? I have been a shamefully poor blogger this week, I realise, mainly because I have been working and trying not to die, and then coming home and dying for the evening. I'm just trying to adjust and balance things a little bit better, then I'll be back in full working order. I hope. Hope you've all had a good week!

7 comments:

  1. LOL - I bet the teachers got a good laugh seeing all the kids searching on the floor for nothing at all. Kinda mean, but funny :)

    Glad to ahve found you via the Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids are so great at helping.

    I am stopping by from the blog hop.

    Hope you have a fun blog hop.

    Stop by my blog if you like to see my answer.

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't think of good answers this week. ah well.

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could seriously be my long lost little sister...I LOVED VC Andrews (as she was known here in the Sates) when I was about the same age. Man, I devoured the Flowers in the Attic books and then moved onto the Dawn collection. It's even actually occurred to me to pick up Flowers in the Attic again. Gods alive that was a sadistic group of relations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey! i'm a new GFC follower, love the blog and background! hope you have an awesome weekend,

    and i hope you will follow me back!! choose which book cover you like better on my hop stop today! =]

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/04/follow-friday-and-crazy-for-books-hop.html

    ReplyDelete