Thursday 10 March 2011

National Women and Girls' HIV/AIDS Awareness Day

I've had this button in my sidebar for a really long time now, and yet I fear that the 'Nation' that this day is for is actually America. Nonetheless, since I generally pretend to be American anyway, I may as well persevere and tell you all to be aware of AIDS and HIV. This is not a disease that only gay men get, and this is not a disease that only promiscuous women get. You could have only had one sexual partner, and, as I'm sure you were all made aware of at school, when you sleep with someone, you're sleeping with everyone they've slept with, and so on. You can never be too careful, so always use a condom!

You can find out more about the impact of AIDS on women and girls here, and, if I had any red pumps, I would so be rocking them today! Maybe I'll just paint my feet red and pretend that's the same thing. Also, if you're so inclined, check out my review of Angels in America here, where AIDS is the disease that dare not speak it's name. I know it's not the 80s anymore, but AIDS is still here, and we need a cure, sooner rather than later!

No comments:

Post a Comment